From GBP 0 per person per night*
*Based on full occupancy
Any questions? Call us on01622 775217 (UK)
No of Bedrooms
Tv Sat, Washing machine, Dishwasher, Air conditioning, Hair dryer, Barbeque, Private pool, TV/DVD, Microwave, Oven, Baby cot, Freezer, Ironing board
General* ANY DAY ARRIVALS ARE AVAILABLE ON REQUEST AT THIS PROPERTY - PLEASE CALL FOR DETAILS *
Perched 250m above sea level Villa Pettineo it offers panoramic views of the rugged valleys below, beyond the turquoise waters of the Tyrrhenian Sea and in the distance, clinging to the hillside is the medieval town of Tusa. A perfect Sicilian hideaway, the villa is approached by secure gates and well hidden amongst olive groves, fruit trees and the occasional cacti and palm. The wonderful 13m x 6m swimming pool with 360 degree views offer a wonderful place to simply relax and listen to...... nothing, for it is a very quiet and peaceful little spot here away from the tourists and crowds.
Once the grand and opulent home to its Sicilian owners; Villa Pettineo is certainly more than a simple holiday home. Antique furniture and personal touches fill this home from the ground floor up, with large open living spaces and each picture perfect window offering a different breathtaking view.
Villa Pettineo offers its guests on the day of their arrival, a basket with local products and a free welcome dinner. The menu will be composed of various local and typically Sicilian appetizers, followed by different pasta plates and delicious meat dishes from the BBQ and homemade desserts based on ricotta and seasonal fruits, dessert liquors, wine and mineral water. Also included are 12 bottles of mineral water each week.
Walk to the charming little town of Pettineo just under one and a half kilometres away or a short drive away, approximately 7km from the villa is Castel di Tusa. This is a fantastic place to explore with a wonderful stretch of beach and a fantastic restaurant that offers views across the bay.
Exploring the area a little further will lead you to the popular holiday spot of Cefalu with its lovely historic centre and sweeping sandy beach. Once a town home only to fisherman, this bustling town is a maze of winding medieval streets, restaurants and boutiques.But a trip to this region would not be complete without experiencing the capital of Palermo. Layered with history there are almost too many things here to see, the Cathedral and Catacombs of Cappucini sit comfortably next to The Modern Art Gallery and Teatro Massimo, Italy’s largest indoor theatre.
- Expansive L shaped sitting room with a sweeping staircase to the first floor
- Traditional Sicilian kitchen with hob, oven and fridge/freezer.
- Laundry room.
- Double bedroom overlooking the swimming pool with:
- En-suite bathroom with hand-shower
- Twin bedroom with french doors to pool area (no air-conditioning)
- Gallery landing with access to:
- Double bedroom with a picture perfect window with views of Pettineo & a door cleverly concealed as a bookcase to:
- En-suite shower room
- Double bedroom with views of the swimming pool and valley beyond with:
- En-suite shower room
- Well maintained gardens
- Swimming pool
- Outside kitchen with barbecue, hob, fridge/freezer, dishwasher & dining area
- Covered terrace
- Changing house with shower & WC
- Electricity consumption (which covers air-conditioning and heating) over and above 150 KW per week is payable locally at the rate of Euros 0,50 per KW.Swimming pool open between early April and late October (weather permitting).
Minimum 5 night stays between October and May available on request
Please supply your flight details and arrival times as soon as possible.